Catch22 is hiring a Senior Development Manager (Public Sector), who will be a central member of the Catch22 Development Team, while also sitting on the Community Links Senior Management Team (SMT).
You will be integral to both Community Links’ and Catch22’s work with public sector commissioners: you will build new public service delivery propositions using your relationship building and sales skills. This role is central to Catch22’s Development Team’s ambitious plans for finding large-scale public sector opportunities that align to our reform mission and our goal to build resilience and aspiration in people and communities.
A Corporate Partnerships Manager, focused on Community Links fundraising, will report to you and aid with proposal writing and account management.
· Full-time, permanent contract
· £45,000 per annum depending on experience
· London based role with some flexible working arrangements available
Summary of main duties & accountabilities
· Lead the way in securing significant public sector opportunities for Catch22, with a focus on public sector opportunities that would benefit Community Links
· Build a pipeline of public sector opportunities
· Design innovative delivery programmes and write persuasive proposals
· Nurture relationships and look for opportunities to build in existing accounts
· Grow your internal relationships and take Catch22 forward
What does good look like for this role?
You will be working in Business Development and with the wider Development Team to hit our income targets. You’ll be generating new leads, developing strong relationships, designing new services and, once funding is secured, handing over to operations.
Summary of essential criteria
•Knowledge of one or more of Catch22’s Policy interest areas (health, youth/children’s services, employment, debt advice/financial capability and community services)
•Understanding of public sector government funding
• Understanding of business development/fundraising cycle – generating leads, pipeline development and conversion
•Experience of business development
•Experience of building complex partnerships with multiple external partners
•Management of full life cycle of a project
•Experience of managing multiple projects at once and skillfully balancing priorities under time pressures
• Experience of securing funding above six figures
•Strong interpersonal skills – good relationship builder
•Financial planning, reporting and forecasting (budgeting and interpreting management accounts)
•Project management skills – ability to manage a project from beginning to end, from the earliest idea of what a new service will be, all the way through to signing contract/ grant agreement with partners
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to write compelling proposals and present engagingly
•Research skills, to understand potential funders and their priorities
•Strategic thinking around marketplaces, audiences, organisations and stakeholders to effectively engage with commissioners
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.