Catch22 exists to help build a society where everyone has a good place to live, good people around them, and a fulfilling purpose. We call these our '3Ps'.
We achieve this in two ways. First we improve lives on the frontline through delivery of public services. Secondly, we use our knowledge to change 'the system', to fix the complex web that can trap and disempower those it was set up to help. With the heart of a charity and the mindset of a business, we are uniquely placed to deliver on this challenging agenda.
Our Young People and Families hub works with those in trouble, providing early intervention, targeted and specialist support services to those in crisis, leaving care, missing from home or with substance misuse or mental health problems. Services support people no matter what their situation – and have demonstrated a high success rate.
This exciting role has responsibility for the strategic development and operational management of Catch22’s Young People and Families contracts in the London Borough of Merton. Our current service contracts consist of:
Catch22 Merton Risk & Resilience Service - an integrated service focussed on mitigating risk and promoting resilience in young people. The services encompass the following elements: Substance Misuse Treatment and Prevention, Child Exploitation and Missing from Home interventions and wrap around support for professionals
The Wimbledon Foundation Counselling Service – a school based counselling service aimed at Children and Young People (aged 11 – 16 years), who have been identified as requiring a 1:1 intervention for a range of emotional health issues and/or as part of dealing with the impact of their parents/siblings substance misuse.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will be:
· To lead and ensure the delivery of high-quality services that meet all targets, standards and KPIs and to take prompt action to address any areas of underperformance.
· To recruit, manage, motivate, coach and develop a staff team including carrying out annual appraisals and regular supervision meetings. To manage their health, safety and wellbeing.
· To promote and embed Catch22’s vision and values in local service delivery
· To ensure that all safeguarding processes are followed, and that staff are clear that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
· To work with and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Strategic Partners, Commissioners, Government Agencies to promote Catch22 and seek opportunities to collaborate.
This post will involve travel across the borough, and occasional evening and weekend working.
The closing date for this post is 5th November 2021.