At Catch22, we are proud of our reputation as a modern and progressive employer. Our 1,300 colleagues and 300 volunteers work at every stage of the social welfare cycle, supporting over 60,000 individuals from cradle to career.
Our service aims to prevent, reduce and stop child exploitation through awareness-raising amongst young people and their families. In addition we provide training for professionals including partner agencies, education placements, care home provisions and community settings.
You will work for Catch22 supporting both Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire local authorities. You will also work in close partnership with Safeguarding Children Board partners, especially Children's Social Care and Staffordshire Police.
You will primarily work from home visiting children and families across South Staffordshire including Tamworth, Lichfield, South Staffordshire, East Staffordshire and Cannock Chase.
You will be providing holistic family support to children and young people who have been identified as being at risk of Child Exploitation (CCE/CSE) and completing Return Home Interviews/ offering direct support work to young people that have experienced Missing Incidents. You will be raising awareness of Child Exploitation (CE) and Youth Crime issues across the Stoke-On-Trent and Staffordshire areas through the delivery of one-to-one intervention, group work and training events to a broad cross-section of society, including children, parents, partners and agencies.
As a Child Exploitation Case Worker your main duties will include:
- Undertaking one to one work with children and young people (YP) vulnerable to CSE, Youth Crime, Gang affiliation and Child Exploitation.
- Work with Stakeholders to contribute towards the collation of soft intelligence information on CE issues/trends.
- Offer Educational Awareness raising within local authority Inc. placement providers, education, parents and young people.
- Develop and sustain productive working relationships with referring agencies to ensure the regular and appropriate referrals are received.
- Engage with YP who have been reported found by Staffordshire Police following a missing episode from home and conduct Return Interview with them within specified timescales.
- Within the Return Interview identify "Push and Pull" factors that have attributed to the Missing Incident and work with the young person and or other services to prevent future missing incidents. All relevant information will be shared with Children's Social Care and Police.
- Manage a caseload undertaking assessments of young people’s needs and gathering all necessary information to develop intervention plans, vulnerability plans, within set timescales.
This list is not exhaustive.
Minimum 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, grade “C” or above
- Working directly with young people on level 2- 4 on the continuum of need presenting a variety of support needs including keep safe work with those involved in Child Exploitation / Urban Street Gangs
- Planning, delivering and evaluating support activities for and with young people and their carers
- Working in partnership with a variety of agencies to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Deliver training to groups of young people, parents and professionals
- Handlling sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
Salary: from £23,008.81 (Grade D, Zone 3)
Face to face interviews will take place: October 2021 but we may call you before this date to discuss the vacancy with you. Please check your junk mail for invite to interview.
Contract: Fixed term contract until 30th June 2022, 37 hours per week with possibility of extension. Working hours are flexible between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday including some weekends to meet the needs of the service.
- Vetting and Clearance Requirements: Enhanced DBS check
- You will need a current driving licence, business insurance and use of suitable vehicle for work, and be willing to travel across Stoke and Staffordshire to deliver/ coordinate service outputs. Broader travel may also be a requirement of the service.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.