Our education team leaders play an important role in raising awareness of Cats Protection and feline welfare. They support and lead a team of education volunteers by providing the help, feedback and encouragement needed to make sure other volunteers are confident and happyin their roles. As a team, our education volunteers promote and deliver pre-prepared talks, help spread messages around feline welfare and act as the voice of cats in their local communities. They deliver information talks to adults and children, and help spread our vision of a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Liaising with your Community Education Officer to plan team activity
- Coordinating education speaker volunteers (who deliver talks within the community)
- Providing support, encouragement and feedback to your team
- Liaising with schools and community groups to organise volunteer talks
- Supporting new volunteers
- Observing volunteers giving talks and providing them with constructive feedback