How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Application Support Engineer - Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Permanent, full time - 35 hours per week
£31,728.83 per annum plus excellent benefits
(starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection, the UK’s leading feline welfare charity, helped nearly 193,000 cats and kittens in 2017 through its national network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 centres.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking for an Application Support Engineer you will be ensuring all assigned immediate development work, upgrades, and support requests are dealt with to agreed levels of service and customer satisfaction.
Please note - this role requires you to be able to write SQL code at an experienced level.
Some of your key duties will be:
1. Help maintain a high level of availability and integrity for all of Cats Protection IT systems, resolving issues & requests in the most responsive, efficient, and cost effective manner
2. Supply & implement IT systems and solutions that are robust and fit for purpose, enabling all sites, departments, volunteers and Branches to gain maximum benefit and productivity from their use of IT
3. Undertake necessary regular procedures, and check that they are successful and logged where appropriate
4. Undertake (and sometimes lead) projects for new IT system implementations and upgrades - particularly where impacting databases, software, & data
5. Assist the IT Applications Manager to work within project budgets & expenditure – by helping to minimize costs and maximize returns on investment
6. Offer professional help, assistance, and support (which may include training, demonstrations, and presentations), to all staff, Branches and volunteers for IT applications and systems
7. Write user documentation and guidelines that are easy for the target audience to understand. Provide support and guidance to make sure these are followed
8. Understand and adhere to all IT policies and procedures, suggesting improvements in these areas. Keep system documentation complete and up-to-date; minimize risks by spreading knowledge across multiple IT Applications and Services employees
9. Maintain close links and relationships with external suppliers / partners and other Charities as necessary to support Cats Protection goals and IT projects
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
To view the complete job description and person specification, please click apply online.
Closing Date: 03 May 2019
Interview Date: Week commencing 13 May 2019
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.