We currently have an exciting opportunity for a creative Assistant Shop Manager who is looking to make their mark in a high profile store in Hitchin. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis, working 7 hours per week on a rota basis (to include some weekends), and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £3,470.03 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2019 we helped around 191,000 cats and kittens, an average of more than 520 per day.
Each of our shops has its own charm and personality due to our dedicated volunteers and colleagues. From vintage jewellery and jigsaws to harps and handbags, whether our customers are looking for that 'must have' item or simply a 'missing piece', our team of Assistant Shop Managers ensure customers are met with great customer service. We are helping the environment while improving the lives of cats, one t-shirt at a time.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Shop Manager:
As an Assistant Shop Manager you will assist with managing all shop activities and together with the wider management team, achieve set targets and maximise financial contribution to the charity. You will help with overseeing and managing all shop activities including recruiting, training and managing an effective team of volunteers; being responsible for the day to day running of the shop on days when the Shop Manager is not present, ensuring it meets agreed income and expenditure targets for Cats Protection and taking responsibility for the shop’s accounting procedures including cash reconciliation, daily banking and till procedures.
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Shop Manager:
- Previous retail experience
- A strong communicator with excellent organisational skills
- A highly self-motivated, positive and resilient individual
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people
- Confidence working well on own initiative
- Experience of working in retail management is highly desirable, as is experience working in the charity retail sector
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £3,470.03 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Assistant Shop Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 22 June 2021
Virtual interview date: 01 July 2021