We currently have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a commitment to animal welfare to join us as a Deputy Centre Manager at our thriving Bridgend site on a interim basis until October 2023. You will join us working 32 hours per week on a rota basis (to include weekends) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £21,605.94 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2019 we helped around 191,000 cats and kittens, an average of more than 520 per day.
Our adoption and homing centres care for thousands of cats each year until they are able to find a loving new home. In 2019, 41,000 cats were rehomed and 2,500 more reunited with their owners. This success would not be possible without our dedicated team of employees and volunteers. Dealing with thousands of visitors each month, our centres are the face of Cats Protection and we pride ourselves on our employees providing the very best in animal welfare and customer service.
We are looking for someone who shares our values of placing cats and their welfare first, never putting a healthy cat to sleep, valuing and respecting our volunteers, supporters and employees, providing the highest quality of service and being open and honest.
Responsibilities of our Deputy Centre Manager:
As Deputy Centre Manager you will be tasked with managing our established Mitcham Homing Centre in line with Cats Protection’s main aims of homing, neutering and educating. You will ensure the welfare of all cats in our care and ensure that all administrative and maintenance procedures are completed to a high standard that is in keeping with our vision. A flexible approach to working hours including the ability to work weekends will be required as all centre employees are expected to work 50% of weekends and some evenings.
What we’re looking for in our Deputy Centre Manager:
- Supervisor/team leader experience, ideally within an animal welfare environment or organisation
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of the prevention and control of infectious diseases in cats
- A driven, positive and enthusiastic individual with plenty of initiative and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience of managing a diverse team
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- A full UK driving licence
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £21,605.94 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Deputy Centre Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 16 June 2021
Virtual interview date: 28 June 2021