We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Direct Marketing Manager to join our award-winning team on an interim basis for up to 6 months. You will join us working 35 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary to up to £37,165.28 per annum plus excellent benefits
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2019 we helped around 191,000 cats and kittens, an average of more than 520 per day.
The Direct and Digital Marketing team sits within the Fundraising Directorate of the charity – working collaboratively to create a fully integrated individual giving programme. With an ambitious annual income target of £22m the team of 25 work across multiple communication channels to promote our regular giving and cash offerings.
Responsibilities of our Direct Marketing Manager:
As a Direct Marketing Manager you will lead on the strategic direction and implementation of Cats Protection’s direct marketing programmes; defining operational plans and budget allocation in order to develop sustainable income streams for the charity, and maximising the long-term return of investment for individual donors. You will be managing a team of five and an £10M annual expenditure budget to significantly grow the number and value of individuals supporting the charity, through improved profitability of existing campaigns, as well as researching and testing new fundraising channels, propositions and initiatives.
What we’re looking for in our Direct Marketing Manager:
- extensive experience in direct marketing – preferably within the charity sector, managing both acquisition and retention
- line management experience with track record of developing individuals
- a proven track record of achieving income against agreed financial targets as well as other KPIs
- the ability to work under own initiative, to manage and prioritise a high workload and multiple complex issues/tasks in a changing environment with tight deadlines
- proven interpersonal and consultative skills, including the ability to communicate, present, negotiate, influence and build credibility with colleagues and external parties
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £37,165.28 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Direct Marketing Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 19th January 2022
Virtual interview date: 31st January & 1st February 2022