We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Project Management Office (PMO) to join our team on an interim basis for up to 12 months. You will join us working 35 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £51,969.27 per annum plus excellent benefits
Although this role is currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, it is based at the National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, on the edge of Ashdown Forest. This is a remote location and public transport is limited.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2019 we helped around 191,000 cats and kittens, an average of more than 520 per day.
Responsibilities of our Head of Project Management Office:
As Head of PMO you will report to the Director of Finance and work with a range of stakeholders across the organisation in developing and leading the PMO function to deliver a range of key strategic projects. You’ll be the Charity’s lead on project, programme and portfolio management ensuring best practice and driving development and maturity in these areas. The role will have a particular focus on developing Cat Protection’s approach to portfolio management in the next 12 months, building on some foundational work already in place but also driving this forward through the development and implementation of a portfolio roadmap.
What we’re looking for in our Head of Project Management Office:
- educated to a degree level standard with a project management qualification – ideally in programme and portfolio management
- demonstrable experience of developing a PMO function as well as developing and delivering portfolio management capability
- strong project management experience having managed and led project teams through the delivery of complex and cross organisation projects
- excellent interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate substantial experience of working with and successfully managing complex stakeholder relationships
- the ability to influence at a senior level, role model collaborative working and have significant leadership experience in a project environment
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £51,969.27 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Head of Project Management Office and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 25 April 2021
Virtual interview date: w/c 05 May 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.