The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Health & Safety Officer – Home Based
London and South East
Permanent, full time 35 hours per week
£31,728.83 per annum (starting salary subject to experience) plus a homeworkers allowance and car allowance
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
As part of a team comprising H&S Officers and H&S Volunteers you will support the H&S Manager in ensuring the efficient operation of Cat’s Protection’s adoption centres, homing centres, shops and branches in line with current CP Policies, procedures and health and safety legislation.
1. Undertaking regular H&S visits to adoption centres, homing centres and shops to ensure a safe workplace environment
2. Ensuring that all Health & Safety policies and procedures are adhered to and effectively communicate any updates or reviews
3. Ensuring that fire drills are carried out and fire alarms activations are correctly reported across the network of adoption & homing centres and shops
4. Ensuring that risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees and volunteers are aware of their responsibilities
5. Ensuring that staff and volunteers are aware of and completing the appropriate sections of the health & safety e-learning package
6. Reporting any additional Health & Safety training requirements identified to the health & safety manager
7. Establishing and chairing regional Health & Safety committee meetings including staff and volunteers
8. Participating in regular Health & Safety team meetings to report on relevant health & safety matters identified in the region
It is essential for this role that you have a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent and membership of a professional body. You will also need a full UK driving licence.
In common with all posts, ensuring compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive.
Closing Date: 24 January 2019
Interview Date: 06 and 07 February 2019 - National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.