How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Human Resources Advisor (North)
Home/Field Based (covering our 'North' region)
Fixed term contract until 31st December 2019
£33, 551.33 per annum (starting salary subject to experience), plus excellent benefits including a car allowance, homeworkers allowance, pension scheme and a generous holiday entitlement.
This will be a home based position with significant travel throughout the 'North' region, visiting our shops, adoption centres, and other Cats Protection sites. Ideally you will be living in Scotland or in the border region.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 193,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 adoption centres and homing centres.
We have an exciting and challenging role for an experienced HR Advisor to join the HR Business Partner for the North region. The main purpose of this role is to provide expert support, advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of employment law and case work.
In line with employment legislation, HR policy and procedure and best practise the Advisor will ensure managers receive timely, compliant and consistent advice.
The Advisor will also be in regular contact with the central HR, Payroll and Recruitment teams at the National Cat Centre, and will, from time to time, join them for team meetings.
You need to be an excellent communicator and be able to engage effectively with all levels of management, employees, volunteers, representatives and external stakeholders. Your attention to detail and organisational skills need to be excellent, and you must have a proven ability to multi-task and work on your own initiative, accurately and under pressure. To form sound judgements, your ability to critically analyse and interpret information has been tried and tested regularly, and you do need to be resilient and professional.
• You will work closely with HR colleagues ensuring delivery of a first class, professional and consistent service, sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to / leading on the development of employee relations case management processes
• You will be providing day to day support and advice to line managers and employees on the full remit of employee relation issues, including providing a supporting role by coaching and mentoring managers on HR issues
• You will apply and interpret employment law and HR policy at a local level whilst maintaining organisational consistency and integrity of charity policy, and assist with the investigation and preparation of the charity’s position in employment tribunals and other external employee dispute resolution procedures
• You will also contribute to the design and delivery of training and briefing sessions to managers on a range of employee relations and HR related subjects
• You will maintain awareness of your customer base by proactively monitoring employee relations and people data in order to identify trends, significant changes or issues in areas such as turnover, absence levels, disciplinary activity, HR MI and to act on these observations with HR colleagues
We are looking to recruit someone who is CIPD qualified or willing to work towards the qualification, although relevant experience may qualify in place of formal qualification. A good working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice is essential, as is a proven background of employee relations case work and HR experience in a multi-site organization.
In addition, you are likely to be sympathetic to cats, have a smart, professional appearance, be willing to spend occasional overnight stays away from home, and must be able to travel independently around the UK, carrying casework and mobile technology, such as a laptop.
In common with all posts, you will ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
Closing Date: 22 May 2019
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.