We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HR Advisor to join our HR Business Partner team on a fixed term contract for 12 months. You will join us working 35 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £35,691.77 per annum plus excellent benefits
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
The HRBP Team support and coach people managers across the whole organisation, from our front-line operational cat work and retail network to central departments including Veterinary and Income Generation. We play a key role in the application of people policies, employee relations case work, contributing to key project work and operational and strategic planning, and maintaining effective relationships with our customers.
Responsibilities of our HR Advisor:
As a HR Advisor you’ll be providing expert support, advice and guidance to managers and employees on all aspects of employment law and case work. You will be part of a remote based national team and be able to engage effectively with employees, managers and HR team colleagues in a remote working environment, travelling on occasions as required. You’ll provide day to day support and advice to line managers and employees on the full remit of employee relations matters, including a supporting role by coaching and mentoring managers to be able to fulfil their role as people managers on a day-to-day basis in line with CP policy and process.
What we’re looking for in our HR Advisor:
- proven background of managing employee relations case work and generalist HR experience in a multisite organisation
- experience of providing advice, support and coaching to all levels of management on all aspects of HR policy, employee relations matters (disciplinary, grievance, absence management, performance management, flexible working) and the ability to interpret and apply employment law
- good working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice to proactively problemsolve
- taking a proactive approach to wellbeing support, engaging with occupational health
- experience of change management and supporting managers and employees through change
- proven ability to multitask and work on your own initiative
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £35,691.77 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our HR Advisor and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Please note applications that are received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 02 February 2022 - however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, so do apply early
Virtual Interview date: to be confirmed as required