How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Legacy Assistant - Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Permanent, full time - 35 hours per week
£22,977.43 per annum plus excellent benefits
(starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection, the UK’s leading feline welfare charity, helped nearly 193,000 cats and kittens in 2017 through its national network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 centres.
We are now recruiting for a Legacy Assistant to join our team at Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath on a permanent, full time basis. You will be providing a comprehensive administration support for the Legacy Team, including the accurate and timely recording of all legacy notifications and being the main point of contact for our branch volunteers.
1. Creating and maintaining accurate database and paper records of all legacies bequeathed to Cats Protection, including the importing of electronic notifications via our agents, Smee & Ford
2. Scanning incoming post, attaching to the relevant electronic and manual file and distributing to the relevant case handler
3. Accurate recording of legacy income received by bank transfer and the processing of cheques
4. Writing to solicitors and/or executors on notification of a legacy via Smee & Ford and undertaking regular reviews of these cases to ensure a response has been received
5. Answering telephone calls from solicitors, executors, branches and public regarding legacies bequeathed to the charity and taking accurate messages for case handlers where appropriate
6. Administration of pecuniary legacies (training and supervision will be provided)
7. Preparing branch legacy reports for the Operations Team, monitoring their completion and ensuring allocation of branch legacy income has received appropriate authorisation
8. Maintaining accurate records of branch legacy payments received, preparing branch payment authorisation forms and advising branches of legacies allocated to them
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
To view the complete job description and person specification, please click apply online.
Closing Date: 29 April 2019
Interview Date: 07 May 2019
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.