We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and capable individual to join our team as a Paws Protect Assistant. You will join us on a fixed term contract for up to 12 months, working 21 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £14,308.27 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite all of the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
Cats Protection’s Paws Protect is a pet fostering service for anyone fleeing domestic abuse. The majority of our referrals come from women fleeing domestic abuse via women-only services. The service places cats into volunteer foster homes on a temporary basis until their owners can be reunited with them.
Due to the nature of this role, this post is for women only and is exempt under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
Responsibilities of our Paws Protect Assistant:
As our Paws Protect Assistant, you will be involved with assessing referrals and admitting cats onto the service, providing pet advice and support to our volunteer foster carers and working with other stakeholders such as pet owners, domestic abuse support services, and internal Cats Protection employees or other agencies. As a human-benefit service, there is minimal cat handling involved, the role includes extensive communication via phone, email and in person, as well as daily admin and driving.
What we’re looking for in our Paws Protect Assistant:
- good allround experience of performing administrative duties in a busy service
- previous professional experience giving pet care advice
- previous experience in a public facing role
- an understanding of the problems experienced by families fleeing domestic abuse with pets
- a confident selfstarter who has had experience of working with volunteers and home visiting
- a full, clean, manual UK driving licence and experience of driving as part of a previous role
- good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- experience of working in the animal welfare sector and of being able to provide basic cat welfare and behaviour advice would be highly desirable
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £14,308.27 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Paws Protect Assistant and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Please note applications which are received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 11 November 2021
Virtual interview date: 25 and 26 November 2021