We currently have an exciting opportunity for a positive individual join our team as a Property Contracts and Database Manager. You will join us working 35 hours per week and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £28,763.89 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Although this role is currently working from home due to Covid restrictions, it will be generally based at the National Cat Centre, Chelwood Gate, on the edge of Ashdown Forest. This is a remote location and public transport is limited.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite all of the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
The Property Department manages planned maintenance, statutory requirements and reactive works for approximately 180+ properties made up of Shops, Cat Centres and residential properties.
The Department consists of Property Surveyors, a National Maintenance Manager and a Helpdesk team whom all liaise with Suppliers, Sub-Contractors and Cats Protection Site Managers to fully manage all properties.
Responsibilities of our Property Contracts and Database Manager:
As a Property Contracts and Database Manager, you will manage all contracts with property maintenance, mechanical, electrical and other specialist maintenance contractors, to ensure that planned maintenance is carried out at the appropriate intervals and to ensure compliance with statutory requirements. You will manage the computerised property database (‘Terrier’) and act as the focal point for all enquiries, change requests, updates, and liaison with the software suppliers.
What we’re looking for in our Property Contracts and Database Manager:
- significant experience of office admin and contract management
- knowledge of managing planned maintenance contracts/contractors
- experience of working in a property or facilities management department or organisation
- experience of using a computerised property or facilities management database
- excellent organisation and time management skills
- high level of IT literacy including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- the ability to communicate effectively with employees, contractors, professional advisors, statutory bodies, and suppliers
- the ability to keep calm and work under pressure, to meet tight deadlines
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £28,763.89 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Property Contracts and Database Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Please note applications which are received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 26 October 2021 however we will be reviewing applications as they are received, so do apply early
Virtual interview date: to be confirmed as required