We currently have an exciting opportunity for a flexible Retail Van Driver who is looking to make their mark across our stores in West England and South Wales. You will join us on a zero hours contract, working on a rota basis (to include some weekends), and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £9.15 per hour plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite all of the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
Each of our shops has its own charm and personality due to our dedicated volunteers and colleagues. From vintage jewellery and jigsaws to harps and handbags, whether our customers are looking for that 'must have' item or simply a 'missing piece'. Our team of Retail Van Drivers work with our Shop teams to plan and coordinate transport requests, ensuring the safe and timely collection of stock for our shops.
Responsibilities of our Retail Van Driver:
As a Retail Van Driver you will enable the safe and timely collection and delivery of goods donated to, transferred from, and sold by Cats Protection. You will be covering all shops in the West England and South Wales and will ideally based in the Midsomer Norton Area. The role will include lifting and carrying and some supervision of volunteers, ensuring operations within the Health and Safety guidelines.
What we’re looking for in our Retail Van Driver:
- qualified to drive a large van up to 3.5T laden, with a full and current UK Driver’s Licence with C1 category included, fewer than 3 penalty points
- A highly self-motivated, positive and an excellent team player
- A strong communicator with excellent organisational skills
- knowledge of health and safety issues within the retail sector Confidence working well on own initiative
- knowledge of health and safety issues within the retail sector
- aged 25 years or over (for insurance purposes)
What we can offer you:
- pay of up to £9.15 per hour plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Retail Van Driver and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly.
Closing date: 20th January 2022
Virtual interview date: 1st February 2022