In the UK there are over seven million cats. Cats Protection is the organisation dedicated to helping, rescuing, re-homing and supporting cats. With 34 adoption centres and 250 volunteer-run branches, we help around 190,000 cats and kittens each year. We are now looking for an IT Applications Technologist to join our team.
You will have the chance to make a positive impact on our IT offering and help us to achieve our vision of a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. This role requires excellent SQL skills (with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a support/development role). A basic knowledge of C# .Net would be advantageous.
In this important role, you’ll supply and implement IT systems and solutions that are robust, fit for purpose and enable all sites, departments, volunteers and branches to maximise their productivity.
You’ll resolve any issues and requests in a swift manner and assist with IT queries in any way you can, including providing training, demonstrations and presentations.
Additionally, your duties will involve:
- Performing (and occasionally leading) projects for new IT system implementations and upgrades
- Assisting the IT Applications Manager to work within project budgets and expenditure
- Writing user documentation and guidelines that are easy to understand
- Adhering to security and confidentiality policies
- Identifying ways to further improve our IT operations
As part of your role, you may occasionally be required to travel to Cats Protection’s other sites throughout the UK.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience in an IT support/development role
- Excellent SQL skills
- A basic knowledge of C#.NET projects would be advantageous
- Previous experience of providing internal customer-facing IT support
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS and applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of a wide range of IT hardware and software
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- The ability to travel throughout the UK as required
As an IT Applications Technologist, you’ll have the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work on your own initiative. You will also have strong communication and influencing skills, as well as the ability to effectively deliver constructive feedback.
Closing date - 31st January 2018
Interviews - 09th February 2018
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.