How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Senior PA to Director of Finance and Strategy
Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath
Full time, 35 hours per week
£32,363.41 per annum (starting salary subject to experience)
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We help around 193,000 cats and kittens each year through our network of around 250 volunteer-run branches and 36 adoption centres and homing centres.
We are currently looking for a driven and professional Senior Personal Assistant to provide a PA and administrative support service to the Director of Finance and Strategy, and manage the smooth running of the office. You will also be providing secretarial support to the Investment Committee, Audit Committee and One Charity Fund Committee all of which are sub-committees of the Board of Trustees. It is essential that you have strong experience in taking minutes at meetings.
Your main responsibilities will include:
1. To provide a PA and administrative support service (including Purchase-card and basic ordering/account reconciliations) for the Director of Finance and Strategy in her work throughout the organisation.
2. Provide an office management function ensuring that office systems and processes run smoothly whilst improving as appropriate.
3. To organise and manage electronic diaries, arrange internal and external meetings and coordinate travel arrangements for the Director of Finance and Strategy.
4. To help plan, attend and service meetings with the Director of Finance and Strategy including producing agendas, meeting papers and minutes.
5. Undertake projects and any other duties from time to time as required by the Director of Finance and Strategy, including new development work on strategic planning.
6. Manage and action all correspondence from both internal and external customers and action all correspondence (by email, letter or phone) to the Director of Finance and Strategy, flagging priority issues.
7. Operating as the chief point of contact in the Director of Finance and Strategy’s absence and dealing with queries and issues as appropriate.
8. Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the CEO and Senior PA to Director of Volunteering and Corporate Services with Executive Management Team meetings providing support as appropriate.
This is a busy and diverse role where you will be engaging with internal and external stakeholders so excellent organisational and communication skills are essential. You will be working to tight deadlines and work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
Closing Date: 11 August 2019
Interview Date: 03 September 2019
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.