We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative Shop Manager, who is looking to make their mark in a high profile store in Headingly. You will join us working 35 hours per week on a rota basis (to include weekends) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £19,163.23 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2020, despite all of the challenges, we helped 126,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 345 cats a day!
Each of our shops has its own charm and personality due to our dedicated volunteers and colleagues. From vintage jewellery and jigsaws to harps and handbags, whether our customers are looking for that 'must have' item or simply a 'missing piece', our team of Shop Managers ensure customers are met with great customer service. We are helping the environment while improving the lives of cats, one t-shirt at a time.
Responsibilities of our Shop Manager:
As a Shop Manager you will combine commercial acumen with creativity, leading a team of employees and volunteers to deliver the highest standards of customer service and presentation in order to maximise income for cat welfare. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a successful store, market and promote the store within the community and build an exceptional team that are committed to raising funds to support cats and kittens in our care.
What we’re looking for in our Shop Manager:
- Previous retail and people management experience
- A strong communicator with excellent organisational skills
- A highly self-motivated, positive and resilient individual
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people
- Strong knowledge of the issues relating to recruiting and retaining volunteers
- Experience of working to targets and KPIs within a retail environment is essential
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £19,163.23 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Shop Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Applications received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 25 July 2021
Virtual interview date: 04 August 2021