Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity. We now help around 190,000 cats and kittens through our network of over 250 volunteer-run branches and 34 adoption centres and homing centres.
We currently have over 125 shops across England, Scotland and Wales, having opened 50 new shops over the last two years. We have exciting plans to open a further 75 shops in the next three years. We were awarded Outstanding Charity Retailer of the Year in both 2016 and 2017, by the Charity Retail Association for the transformation and growth of the retail chain and Best use of Digital Technology in 2016.
We currently work with over 200 retail members of staff and 2000 amazing volunteers to raise cash for the cats and kittens in our care. We are passionate about people too, and due to our expansion programme are able to offer real career development for those that have what it takes to be successful in a competitive filed.
The Trading team looks after Cats Protection’s online shops, mail order catalogues, new goods and licensing programme. As part of our ambitious and exciting Trading Strategy, we are looking for an assistant to join our award winning retail team and help maximise income from trading activities.
To provide administrative support for all Trading & E-Commerce activities by:
• Giving new goods support to shops, branches, Adoption Centres and Visitor Centres by:
- Organising distribution of new goods catalogues
- Responding to queries from shops, branches, ACs and VCs
- Preparing bestseller lists for Trading & E-Commerce Manager
- Preparing opening order forms for new sites
- Maintaining account and contact lists to remove duplicates and monitor activity
- Arranging meetings and taking minutes when necessary
• Supporting Trading & E-Commerce Manager in new product administration by:
- Adding and updating new goods organised by the Trading team on the till system
- Organising samples from suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers to get new product information
- Organising stocktakes
• Giving administrative support on Trading & E-Commerce activities by:
- Monitoring and replying to messages in the trading inbox
- Monitoring CP forum and social media, replying to trading questions and referring issues to the Trading & E-Commerce Manager where appropriate
- Act as main point of contact for customer queries and complaints, escalating to Trading & E-Commerce Manager as needed and recording complaints accurately
- Processing and managing all purchase orders and invoices
- Assisting with the preparation of Trading updates and presentations, such as Retail Newsletter
- Updating and maintaining Trading & E-Commerce files, which will include data entry
• Provide administrative support to the wider retail team with tasks such as:
- Providing cover in the absence of the Senior Retail and Trading Administrator
- Assisting the retail team with travel plans
- Arranging meetings and room bookings
- Maintain accurate filing systems
- Processing retail Purchase Orders
In common with all posts, ensure compliance with Cats Protection’s policies and procedures, statutory obligations and best practice, and to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Chief Executive. This job description may be subject to review in the light of the developing organisation and in consultation with the post holder.
The role requires advanced skills in the use of Word and Microsoft Outlook, a sound working knowledge of Excel and a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
The role requires accuracy and attention to detail, a willingness to deal positively with internal and external customers and an ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload to meet deadlines. The role may require assistance with the organisation of events.
The individual will need good writing skills, spelling, punctuation, grammar and proof-reading abilities and a good level of numeracy.
The individual will need to be a self-starter who is able to solve a range of problems related to the role, including dealing with customer complaints, resolving invoice and purchase order issues, chasing others to complete tasks and following up issues with suppliers. A sense of humour and a flexible approach will be essential.
Closing Date: 29th January 2018
Interview Date: TBC
To reward you we have a pay scheme which provides the opportunity to progress within your pay band, subject to satisfactory performance. We also offer a range of benefits which include a generous holiday entitlement, a competitive pension offering, a private medical scheme, and a death in service scheme.
Cats Protection is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.