Cavell Nurses' Trust is a small but busy charity supporting UK nurses, midwives and healthcare assistants facing personal or financial hardship.
We're recruiting a motivated and enthusiastic Fundraising Officer to join our growing fundraising team to offer vital day to day support, as well as valued contributions to our events, supporter stewardship and communications.
- To manage fundraising administration.
- To support community fundraisers, as well as develop and promote a diverse range of fundraising activities and projects in line with Cavell Nurses’ Trust’s fundraising strategy.
- To continually develop excellent and innovative fundraising communications with supporters and ensure a wonderful experience for donors.
The role principally includes responsibilities in Administration, Supporter Care and Fundraising Communications.
- Maintain and update the database of fundraising relationships in line with Cavell Nurses’ Trust policies.
- Manage administrative tasks across all of Cavell Nurses’ Trust’s fundraising strands. This will include thanking and processing donations, answering enquiries, fulfilling mailings, tracking department costs, stock takes and ensuring fundraising materials are up to date. It also includes regular reporting from JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving, Facebook and other online fundraising platforms.
- Respond to general enquiries from supporters
- Keep up to date on areas where Cavell Nurses’ Trust can improve practice and ensure all materials are in line with the Fundraising Regulator best practice.
- Fulfil mailings to fundraisers.
- With donor retention a priority, actively maintain and support new and existing relationships with supporters to encourage long-term commitment.
- Support community fundraisers who take on activities/challenges to support our work. Ensure they are well stewarded and inspired to achieve their fundraising potential.
- To represent Cavell Nurses’ Trust at events and meetings as appropriate and giving presentations when required.
- Take a lead on supporting our Ambassadors and regular donors.
- Working closely with the Communications Manager and Fundraising Manager, support the delivery of a compelling and inspired digital and printed communications plan to encourage fundraising and donations - ensuring all content meets the standards of Cavell Nurses’ Trust.
- This includes scheduling content for social media, monitoring activity on social media, creating copy for emails and letters and supporting the creation of digital advertising.
This list of responsibilities is not exclusive of other responsibilities that properly fall within the remit of this role and may be subject to amendment from time to time by agreement.
The salary is £22,000 PA. The contract is for 35 hours a week, with occasional and planned weekend or evening work. You will need a valid UK driving license and to be insured for business travel. The package includes a 5% employer contribution pension.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please submit your CV, along with a ‘thank-you email’ to a donor.
The donor, Mrs Margaret Moore, has made a generous £100 donation to Cavell Nurses’ Trust and commented that this is to say thank you after receiving excellent care from nurses after a short stay in hospital. Please write a suggested thank you letter on behalf of Cavell Nurses’ Trust.
Please attach the thank you letter as a covering letter with your CV.
The deadline for submitting your application is 10 am on Monday 8th February 2021.
If you are shortlisted, we will invite you to attend an online Zoom call interview. Interviews will take place on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th February, so please keep this date free if you apply. If you haven’t heard from us before that date, then, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.