CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
To keep pace with growth we are looking for a Programme Manager* Inclusive Eye Health - Maternity Cover
This a 1 year fixed-term contract. Location: Cambridge, UK.
This position is only filled locally. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
- In assigned countries, support the development of Inclusive Eye Health country implementation plans and IEH project planning processes, ensuring close alignment with the IEH Initiative Strategy
- High level monitoring of implementation of country eye health plans and projects, actively engage in evaluations and feed results into further planning
- Monitor policies, trends, data & research in eye health
- In assigned countries, take part in country planning processes
- Carry out country and programme visits when required
- Work as part of a team to support the development of high quality and successful funding applications to institutional donors
- Represent eye health programmes to external audiences on behalf of CBM including media, policy and decision makers and national governments when required
- Participate in relevant networks
These are your qualifications
- Degree in public health, social science, development cooperation or equivalent knowledge gained through working expertise
- Min. of 2 years in a similar role in programme management
- Sound understanding of trends and policy frameworks in the international eye health sector
- Sound experience and knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in proposal writing and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong self-management skills, i.e., time management, decision making, and problem solving; "hands-on" mentality
- Independent, agile and flexible working style
- Excellent knowledge of English. Preferably Spanish laguange skills. French would be advantage
- Computer literacy, including experience with use of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Committed to CBM’s vision, mission and values
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world's leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- Salary range: 36K-40K in alignment to years of experience
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people and diverse teams full of great team spirit
- 1 year fixed term maternity cover, 37,5 working hours per week
- Flexible working, homeworking, maternity/paternity/adoption and parental leave policy
- A competitive pension scheme. Subject to you making a minimum pension contribution of 5%, CBM will make a payment of 7% of annual salary towards the organisation’s pension scheme
How to apply
Please apply exclusively online via our applicant portal. A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your post.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Mr Adrián Recio Oviedo
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.