“Communications Officer (m/f/d) - CBID”
Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the Manager Capacity Development and Support, the job holder will drive ongoing internal and external communication about CBM’s Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) work. In this role you will closely align and collaborate with all technical advisors in CBM’s CBID Initiative and the public relations & communications department.
We are looking for someone who will…
• Regularly develop, edit and publish CBID communication pieces on all available internal and external communication channels
• Closely liaise with key stakeholders to generate content and promote CBM’s CBID work
• Edit raw content in line with CBM’s editorial standards and publish it on the appropriate channel(s)
• Support the CBID team by coordinating the development communications material such as publications or presentations
• Cover major CBID related events
• Ensure CBID related communications remains up to date and in line with CBM´s CBID plan, e.g. develop and regularly update key communication messages on CBM’s CBID work
• Support live events (webinars and selected workshops)
• Ensure accessibility of communications issued by the CBID Initiative
We are looking for someone who has…
• Bachelor or Master degree in communication or a related field
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of practical experience in a communication role
• Excellent writing skills, solid experience in editing and publishing
• In depth knowledge of the latest communication technology and techniques
• Sound knowledge of and experience with producing accessible digital communication
• Experience in using online platforms for internal and external communications
• Working experience with international, cross-functional teams
• Professional Experience and Knowledge in the development sector (advantageous)
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• A proactive and result-driven way of doing things
• Solid experience in using modern online communication tools (social media and website backend solutions)
• Profound persuasive and written communication skills in English
• Very good facilitation and customer-oriented skills
• Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office 365 suite, in particular SharePoint solutions
• Full professional proficiency in English. French, German and/or Spanish would be advantageous
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
This is a permanent part-time job under local contract conditions to be based in one out of CBM´s offices. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of residency and satisfactory employmenvscreening, and three references satisfactory to CBM and, if required, a DBS Check.
Hiring provisions are subject to the international scope of the respective country´s national labour and immigration laws.