Finance Function Management
- Ensure accurate recording and maintenance of finance data, including correct classification of income
- Lead the preparation and development of monthly Management Accounts
- Ensure purchase and sales ledger are maintained in line with the organisation’s policy
- Maintain appropriate and comprehensive finance and accounting policies and procedures including payment authorisations, etc.
- Ensure Trial Balance is reconciled and reviewed monthly, month end closure
- Prepare and monitor cash flow forecasts for operations activity & investment proposals
- Co-ordinate the annual budget process with the Director of Finance (DoF) and relevant staff across the organisation
- Prepare the Annual Financial Statements and manage the External Audit
- Ensure timely recharges are made to CBM Federation and Member Associations
- Liaise with the DoF on all matters pertaining to Financial and Management Accounting
- Periodic consultation with the CBM federation, including monthly and quarterly returns
- Provide clear and accurate financial information and forecasts to the Leadership Team and other departments as required
- Work with Programme Finance Manager to ensure correct allocation of costs, cost recovery and annual programme budgets
- Facilitate the working relationship between Finance and the donation processing team and the desired targets
Payroll and Pensions
- Oversee payroll and pension process including HMRC returns.
- To support and line manage Finance Officer. Conduct regular supervision meetings and annual appraisals.
- Work closely with DoF to introduce a new Finance and Project Accounting System
- Undertake range of administrative tasks as they relate to the work of the post
- To attend staff meetings, supervision sessions, seminars, training events
- Act as main point of contact with banks, service providers, suppliers (when appropriate) and auditors
- Manage tax and Gift Aid issues, ensuring legal compliance and in line with best practice with oversight from DoF
- First point of contact and ‘go-to’ person in Finance
- Carry out other duties as required by the organisation.
- Helping to develop and promote a culture of enthusiasm and success which reflects the ambitions of CBM UK
- Play an active role across the CBM UK team, promoting positive working and innovation. And seek to improve working practice at all opportunities.
This job description does not provide an exhaustive list of tasks and activities, as all posts within the organisation are subject to evolution as the organisation develops and grows.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.