CBM UK is looking to recruit a new Programme Manager to join the programme team at this exciting time. The purpose of the role is ensuring alignment and close working with the CBM Country offices and partner organisations to ensure quality planning and delivery of programmes for CBMUK.
Key criteria for success Within 12 months, the Programme Manager will:
- Be working to clear and agreed strategic objectives and plans
- Have contributed to the implementation of the Programme Strategy
- Be managing a portfolio of countries and programmes and have built up strong relationships with the staff and partners associated with them
- Have developed plans for at least 2 new projects and have submitted at least two major fundraising proposals
- Have a sound understanding of disability issues and the CBM frameworks for Disability Inclusive Development
- Have made contact with colleagues within the CBM family, the UK disability and international development networks to maximise opportunities for learning and sharing of good practice
- Be a confident user of CBM financial and project tracking systems.
1. Programme Management and Development (75%)
a. Manage a portfolio of institutional-funded programmes in line with CBM’s Programme Quality Framework, structures and systems and ensuring effective coordination of local implementing partners
b. Develop and maintain excellent working relations with CBM staff and programme stakeholders including partner organisations, consortia members, Disabled People Organisations (DPOs), and line government agencies in programme countries
c. Work with partners, CBMUK and CBM International staff to develop innovative new approaches, programmes and multi-year plans in line with CBM policies
d. Support partners and CBM staff to develop and report on monitoring, evaluation, impact and learning frameworks and integrate learning into future work
e. Contribute towards meeting best practice in programme development in CBMUK and CBM International in line with CBM standards and sector wide approaches
f. Facilitate the exchange of learning within CBMUK and CBM worldwide and with relevant external stakeholders and partners including through planning and delivery of training courses
g. Collect high quality stories of change and case studies to feed into programme and fundraising work
h. Provide support for the organisational assessment and strengthening of partners including enhanced safeguarding
i. Take part in CBM Country Strategic planning process in selected countries and contribute to development of country strategy papers where agreed
j. Carry out country and programme visits when required (up to 10 weeks a year)
k. Maintain institutional understanding of the policy and legislative environments in country that relate to the disability sector
l. Use CBM internal systems including Navision and SharePoint to manage projects m. Contribute to CBMUK’s programme strategy development and review.
2. Statutory and institutional fundraising and relationship management (20%)
a. Develop high quality and successful funding applications to institutional donors in line with CBM regional and country strategies
b. Build and maintain excellent relationship with relevant institutional donors
c. Ensure CBMUK meets all contractual requirements of institutional donors for the programmes assigned
d. Support CBM’s Country office staff to ensure high quality and timely narrative and financial reports are submitted to a range of donors in line with their requirements
e. Contribute to meeting the aims of the CBM UK fundraising strategy for institutional donors
f. Liaise with fundraising team to provide programmatic information and input when require.
3. Organisational representation (5%)
a. Represent and speak to external audiences on behalf of CBMUK including, media, policy and decision makers, national government and church groups when required
b. Participate in relevant UK and international networks
c. Build and maintain relationships with relevant NGO, research and academic institutions
d. Carry out other duties as required by the Head of Programmes and the Director of Programmes.
For full details, including how to apply, please download the recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.