Job purpose and background
Are you passionate about the environment and sustainability? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Business Partner to shape, influence, and support the delivery of strategy and plans.
As the Senior HR Business Partner, you will work closely with your department to influence and guide leadership teams on people-related topics. You will apply latest thinking and best practice to provide strategic and tactical consultation and guidance that optimises people practices and processes, structures, and culture. Reporting into the Global Director of HR and People Development, you will be part of a supportive CDP people team and will work with a large degree of autonomy.
About the People Team
CDP’s HR team is a growing, global and high performing team who enjoy working together, building strong relationships across the organisation to deliver consistent HR services to our stakeholders. You will join us as we prepare to launch our strategy to 2025 designed to support the significant growth in CDP. The focus of the strategy is on developing and empowering CDP’s People.
Key responsibilities include:
You will partner with Function Leadership teams to drive organisational performance by providing strategic and operational HR guidance across a range of people-focused areas.
- Provide strategic people subject matter expertise to the leadership team
- Partner and influence leaders to ensure people-informed decisions are made
- Develop and deliver a function people plan which supports CDP’s strategic priorities
- Drive effective organisation design and strategic workforce planning
- Lead on organisation restructuring activities as required to improve clarity of roles
- Lead on the continuous improvement of performance management and talent management across the function, embedding ED&I into practices and processes
- Partner leaders on strategic and tactical compensation- and reward-related decisions
- Influence leadership on the prioritisation of employee engagement and communications
- Coach and partner leaders on people-related issues
- Support the embedding of People policies and processes within the Function so that they are effectively carried out
- Identify desired culture and collaborate with teams on delivering change
- Support the function with organisational change activity
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the people strategy
- Work closely with the Global Director and wider people team to ensure an aligned and cohesive people experience across CDP globally
- Identify opportunities to streamline people processes to improve their adoption, using feedback and insights
- Work with the people team to successfully deliver key people initiatives and processes to drive performance (HR, L&D, Internal Comms etc.)
You will have the following skills and experience:
- CIPD qualified and/or membership
- A demonstrated understanding across the broad range of HR areas
- A strong track record as a HR Business Partner
- Interpersonal savvy and a collaborative leadership style
- Ability to influence others into action and to think creatively about solutions.
- Persuasive advisor, comfortable in interacting with senior and executive management in complex global matrix organisations
- Strong communication skills at all levels with ability to build strong relationships
- Good judgement with ability to balance organisational and people needs
- An engagement and innovation presentation style and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated ability to translate strategy into tangible action
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Experience of delivering and supporting organisation change with a strong knowledge and understanding of employment law in relation to change management activities
- Experience of working in a global, matrix organisation
- Exposure to overseas legal environments (e.g APAC, North America, Europe) would be helpful but not essential
This is a full time role based at CDP’s London office reporting to the Global Director of HR and People Development
Salary and benefits: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, Training and development, Flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK. We cannot sponsor this role.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. By uploading your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please visit our website to upload your CV and a covering letter as an additional document setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so early applications are encouraged. The final deadline is midnight on 21st January 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.