Job purpose and summary
CDP is looking for a committed and dynamic change agent to join the Global Policy Team, leading the development and implementation of the sustainable financial system dimension of the CDP Policy Programme Plan. The role is new for the team and offers space for shaping content and definition of the programme, in the pursuit of the overall CDP’s vision for a Sustainable Financial System. The post holder will report to the Global Director, Policy Engagement and work closely with the capital markets and the thematic teams.
CDP is an international non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 8,400 companies and 920 cities, states and regions disclose their environmental data to CDP. Our platform is one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. By working with institutional investors with assets of US$87 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts.
This role sits within the Global Policy Team, a dynamic group of committed policy professionals that engage with policy actors at global, regional and national level to advance the CDP Agenda.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the implementation of the CDP Policy Programme Plan to (a) enhance policy conducive to more and better corporate environmental disclosure and (b) shape a Sustainable Financial System
- Develop (and coordinate the implementation of) policy engagement with key policy actors, including policy makers, central banks, financial regulators and supervisors, stock exchanges, Ministries of Finance, Development Finance Institutions
- Establish, map and manage relationships with the institutions mentioned above, in collaboration with the Regional Policy Teams
- Contribute to the management of the internal Global Policy Team knowledge on the topic.
- Develop policy briefings based on CDP’s data, disclosure, research, insight and expertise to inform a sustainable financial system
- Work closely with the capital markets and the thematic teams at CDP to develop briefings, ensure alignment of messages and coordination in the engagement with the above-mentioned organizations.
- Prepare briefings and bridge information to the organization above
- Draft internal and external communication e.g. content for outreach on policy-related updates
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 5-year work experience in the field of finance, macro-economic policy, financial regulation and supervision. Experience of working within the financial system or on sustainable finance would be an advantage
- An educational background relevant to the role
- Knowledge of the dynamics and mechanisms governing the financial system
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Track-record of international work and across time zones
- Solid analytical skills (e.g. in data analysis, political analysis, research)
- Strong project management skills, with proven track record of effectively leading workstreams
- Ability to work well to tight deadlines and in circumstances where things can change quickly, whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management experience
Desired skills and experience
- Familiarity with corporate sustainability and disclosure is an advantage
- Interest in policy engagement on sustainable finance
- Professional proficiency of other languages
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s London office , reporting to the Global Director - Policy Engagement. Contract is fixed term (1 year), with the expectation of extension. Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
Salary and benefits: £45,000 - £ 53,000 per annum, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please visit our website to find out how to apply.
While we truly value the time you invest in the application, we regret to inform you only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks from the deadline, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
The deadline is August 16th, 23:59 GMT.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.