CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with over 590 institutional investors with assets of over US$110 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9,600 companies with over 50% of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to more than 940 cities, states and regions who disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition.
Job purpose and background
Do you have a keen eye for data and passionate about developing a career in environmental sustainability? CDP has an excellent opportunity for you to join the fast-paced and diligent scoring team.
CDP scores companies and cities on their environmental performance. We are looking for a number of Technical officers to supplement the CDP Scoring team and contribute to the successful delivery of the 2021 CDP scoring process. The successful candidates will join the scoring team and be involved running the annual scoring process on a short-term basis. This would involve applying scoring methodologies to various responses across climate change, water security, forests and cities themes. For the right candidates this experience could lead to excellent opportunities and supercharge a career in sustainability.
About the Scoring Team
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Scoring team which assesses the disclosure of thousands of companies and cities in order to generate a score that is a snapshot of its performance in environmental themes: climate change, water security and deforestation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the scoring team to deliver CDP’s annual scoring cycle, including:
- Scoring corporate and/or cities responses
- Quality assurance of scoring methodology application
- Responding to technical queries on implementation of the scoring methodologies
Required skills and experience:
- Academic and/or professional experience in climate change, water security, deforestation, corporate sustainability and/or sustainable cities
- High attention to detail and ability to work to tight timelines
- The ability to understand, organize and analyze qualitative and quantitative data;
- Good proficiency with IT tools, MS tools and especially the use of excel for data analysis;
- Flexible, diligent working style with a proven record of working within a team under tight timelines to deliver projects successfully.
This is a full-time short term contract role, either working from home, or at CDP’s Central London office (once restrictions are lifted), starting in the beginning of July.
Salary: £24,000 per annum pro rata for 4-6 months, plus potential for extension.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK.
How to apply:
Please visit our website to apply for this role. The deadline is 18 June 2021.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.