We are currently recruiting a Care Navigator for our Care Coordination Service (CCS) in Central London. The aim of the CCS is to improve the quality of care for people registered with GP practices within Central London by ensuring seamless pathways and proactive intervention where appropriate.
The role involves managing patients’ tailored care plans to ensure that they reach their goals of living healthy and living longer. As you will deal directly with patients and health care professionals good communication skills and a positive can-do attitude are essential.
We work to tight deadlines and targets to make sure patients are receiving a quality service, so you must be able to demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
You will be energetic and possess great communications skills. Be very pro-active and have the ability to manage your own workload and prioritise tasks. Have plenty of telephone customer service experience and have the ability to build working relationships. You’ll need to have good administration skills and be naturally organised. Most of your time will be spent talking to patients and providers over the phone, as well as administrative tasks, including attending multi-disciplinary meetings and taking actions. You will use SystmOne to update records each time you contact a patient. You will be comfortable working to targets and respond well under pressure.
To apply for this role please send an updated CV and a full supporting statement telling us why you are applying and also telling us about the relevant experience, skills, and knowledge that make you the ideal candidate to be one of our Care Navigators. It’s very important that you fully address each point in the person specification below particularly those relating to the essential skills, knowledge, and experience for the job.
· Good knowledge of the health and social care sector is essential
· As is a passion for exceeding customer expectations
· Good command of the English language – spoken and written
· Time management
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· IT literate in MS Word, Excel & Outlook plus telephony systems
· Ability to type and talk on the phone at the same time
· Telephone customer service and/or contact centre experience
· Planning and organising work effectively
Desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
· Fluency in a second language
· Experience of using an appointment booking system
· Experience of patient Care Planning
· Knowledge of SystmOne
· Full time role – Monday to Friday 9-5
· Salary £26,000 per annum
· 27 days annual leave
· NHS Pension Scheme
· Role will require working across several practice locations.
There will be a telephone interview for shortlisted candidates.
Unfortunately due to a high number of applications we cannot contact all applicants so if you don’t hear from us please assume that you’ve not been short-listed on this occasion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.