Would you like to be a part of the UK’s leading education and wellbeing charity, and arguably the most recognisable and iconic of all charity brands with almost 200 years of history?
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team who is committed to the values of Central YMCA, has pride in their work and believes in the work we do.
We are looking for candidates who understand and display our values in the work they do, strengthening our drive towards our purpose:
We are driven by Equity and believe everyone can thrive.
We are Brave, always striving to do the right thing.
We Nurture people to succeed.
We are Creative, adapting and evolving to tackle today’s challenge.
What we offer
Up to 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
Free Gym Membership (YMCA Club)
A forward-thinking approach to EDI, built by our employees.
A true employee voice sought through effective forums, participative town halls, and regular surveys.
A real opportunity to impact change in the community.
Our Commitment to Equality
Central YMCA is open to applications from all backgrounds. We are committed to equity, acceptance, and inclusion, and provide everyone who works with us the opportunity to reach their potential.
The more diverse our workforce is, the better we become at serving all areas of society and achieving our purpose.
Our doors are open to all and if you connect with our mission, vision, and values, we welcome you to come and be part of our team.
The Finance Manager wil be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Finance function and for leading on all financial and management accounting processes. Driving the budgeting and reporting cycle, this role is key in ensuring the integrity and quality of financial performance information to support management decision making and providing the Board, Executive Team and Managers with a thorough understanding of Central YMCA’s financial performance.
The day-to-day duties will include:
1. Leadership: Provide effective leadership to the finance team on all matters relating to solid finance operations and robust future financial planning.
2. Management Accounting: Lead the process of management accounting for the Organisation.
3. Budgeting and Planning: Effective management of the organisation’s budgets and
financial performance, including financial forecast and strategic plans.
4. Treasury: Support the Charity’s cash flow management processes.
5. Statutory Reporting, Audit and Risk: Ensure effective management if statutory reporting, managing a smooth annual audit and supporting on completion of the risk
Wea re looking for people with the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
- Business related degree or other post graduate qualifications is desirable but not essencial
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA with significant post qualification experience
- Solid experience of audit and preparation of annual financial accounts under UK GAAP or IFRS and understanding of the obligations of charity SORP
- Experience of managing the full finance function or a breadth of experience managing teams across finance disciplines
- Experience of preparing and critiquing business cases and modelling financial outcomes
- Experience of developing productive professional partnerships with key customers and stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting systems
- Project management experience implementing new finance software solutions and/or financial budgeting and reporting processes
- Significant experience of preparation of monthly management accounts
- Experience of managing ESFA contract obligations and understanding of government funding compliance requirements
- An ability to analyse complex financial information and communicate this in easily understood formats to non-financial managers
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, and highly professional in areas of expertise
- Have a personal reputation for a positive ‘can do’ approach, delivering results on time and to budget, in a supportive and client focussed manner
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and make a real impact in the community. Interested? Click apply now and register your details.
If you require any support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.
For any individual who will be working with us, all recruitment and engagement processes will be subject to pre-employment checks (including referencing and an appropriate level of disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.