We are looking a volunteers with a musical personality to encourage and develop musical skills and abilities of interested young people with learning disabilities and autism including composition, musical theory, and instrumental technique while promoting confidence and relationship building.
- Engage in friendly conversation and encourage participation.
- Help with musical technique and theory.
- Help participants prepare for performances.
- Help participants in composing music and writing lyrics.
- Help group leader in leading the sessions including set up and break down.
- Kind, warm, friendly, proactive and intuitive.
- Ability to play a musical instrument or sing.
- Knowledge of music theory.
- Trustworthy, reliable, and good at time-keeping, ability to attend performances.
- Ability to adhere to Centre 404’s mission statement and values, and use a person centred based approach when working with others.
Required Training (Provided by Centre 404)
- Induction to Centre 404 and Learning and Leisure Induction.
- Child Safeguard Training.
- Adult Safeguard Training.
The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy. All volunteers are required to complete a DBS check as our building acts as a centre for children.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.