Location: Islington, North London
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 35 per week (including occasional evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
About the Company:
Centre 404 is a friendly, local and thriving charity with an excellent reputation for providing high quality support and services to people with learning disabilities and their families in North London.
We have an exciting new management role with extensive scope for service development and growth available for the right candidate to lead on and make the role their own. Although this is based within a fast paced environment, it is also a really enjoyable and rewarding role, supported by a knowledgeable and friendly team.
Outreach Project Manager Responsibilities:
* Have a positive and person-centred approach to working with service users.
* Use a Positive Behaviour Support model and promote this approach with all team members.
* Oversee casework for service users, and lead on the casework for an agreed caseload of service users, including resolving issues, working with family members and relevant support workers, and responding to queries and requests.
* Work in line with the values of the service and the organisation, in such a way that encourages service users to be involved in day-to-day and long-term decision making, enables them to build self-confidence, improve skills, develop their self-esteem and empower them to access community facilities and leisure and social activities.
* Support service users in managing their needs, including health needs and accessing appropriate health services, supporting with personal care as necessary and in a respectful way, and with managing rent, finances and claiming their rightful benefits.
* Adhere to safeguarding procedures and remain vigilant for signs of abuse, taking immediate action and reporting all issues of concern to the Learning and Leisure Head of Service and relevant authorities.
* Liaise and work in partnership with Care Managers, families/carers, advocates, DWP and other professionals and outside bodies where appropriate.
* Seek out new referrals and undertake Needs Assessments, whilst pro-actively maintaining contact with individuals and Family Carers throughout the support set up period.
* Participate in the implementation of agreed individual plans; this may include structured teaching of skills and supporting personal assistants to identify and work towards outcomes with their service users.
* Develop and update guidelines and other service user documentation as appropriate and required, in partnership with service users and family carers as far as possible and ensure these are shared with relevant people
* Available and willing to work a variety of shifts throughout the week as required by the service, including occasional evenings and weekends
Outreach Project Manager Requirements:
* Physically fit and able to offer physical support to service users (due to the nature of the role)
* Ability to travel to a variety of locations across London
* Graduate qualification or equivalent or be able to demonstrate substantial training
* At least 2 years' experience in a similar Care role
* Experience of working with and developing professional relationships with family carers of people with learning disabilities
* Understanding of the issues affecting people with learning disabilities and their families
* Knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and legal and policy requirements in order to manage the service safely
* Knowledge and understanding of the Personalisation Agenda, Person-Centred Planning processes and Self-Directed Support
* Experience of staff management, including performance management, and of providing
* support and supervision
* Experience of liaising with social workers and other external professionals
* Experience of working within and/or managing a dispersed team in an outreach set-up
* Experience of working with and managing a complex and flexible rota
* Experience of successfully managing a budget
* Excellent time and task management skills, with the ability to organise own and others' workloads effectively and to delegate tasks
* IT competence with ability to operate Microsoft Office systems as well as learn new systems
* Strong numeracy skills, with an ability to understand budgets
* High level of attention to detail and care in all areas of work
Outreach Project Manager Benefits:
* Annual Leave entitlement to increase with length of service - after 12 months' continuous employment, increase to 24 days pro rata, 25 days after 2 years
* We contribute 3% towards your pension through the People's Pension
* We offer a token of gratitude for longstanding staff. Whether it is 5, 10 and 15 years of service, we really appreciate it!
* In-house training tailored to your role, as well as opportunities for external training courses.