Swimming on Saturday is a fun and accessible activity for children with learning disabilities and autism, and provides respite for family carers. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers who will help facilitate the swimming group and provide additional adult support.
- Be aware of safeguarding policies and practices and strictly observe them.
- Support children in travel training while en route to the pool.
- Help prompt in getting ready for swimming and going home.
- Monitor and provide one to one while in the pool.
- Kind, warm, friendly, proactive and intuitive.
- Patient and creative in approach, communication and support.
- Calm and cool demeanour and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Trustworthy, reliable, and good at time-keeping.
- Ability to swim.
- Ability to adhere to Centre 404’s mission statement and values, and use a person centred based approach when working with others.
Required Training (Provided by Centre 404)
- Induction to Centre 404 and Learning and Leisure Induction.
- Child Safeguarding Training.
- First Aid Training.
The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy. All volunteers are required to complete a DBS check as our building acts as a centre for children
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.