We are looking for volunteers to help take our wheelchair users out onto the ice, at our weekly ice-skating sessions at an Islington Leisure Centre, on Wednesdays between 10:00am-12:00pm. This weekly group is designed for people with physical impairments and wheelchair users and the session aims to create an increased sensation of mobility and freedom of movement.
About the Role:
- You will need thick socks...
- A basic ice-skating ability (holding on to wheelchairs makes skating easier).
- A calm and patient attitude.
- Positive and friendly communication skills.
We can give you:
- Ongoing help and support at the sessions if you need it.
- A reference for your place of work or college after 3 months of successful volunteering.
- An invitation to our yearly summer party.
Required Training (Provided by Centre 404):
- Induction to Centre 404 and Learning and Leisure Induction,
- Safeguard Training.
The recruitment of all volunteer placements adhere to Centre 404’s equal opportunities policy. All volunteers are required to complete a DBS check as our building acts as a centre for children.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.