Outreach and Support Worker
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
This is a role for someone who is passionate about supporting young adults in City and Hackney to thrive.
As Outreach and Support Worker, you will engage with and visit organisations and community spaces to promote the service; and provide personalised, 1:1, practical support to 18-25 year olds in City and Hackney who are feeling lost or stuck and are struggling with low wellbeing.
Through 1:1 sessions, you will assess young adults’ needs; provide a supportive space to talk about the things that matter to them; help them to identify and break down their goals into manageable steps; and find and connect them to services and opportunities that can help them to move forward.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills and some knowledge of the local community and local support services. Ideally, they will also be a credible mentor to gain trust and engagement with young adults from a variety of backgrounds.
- Attend local social spaces and community settings to promote this service and engage with young adults aged 18-25 who are struggling with their mental health;
- Help deliver marketing and social media activities to encourage service take-up;
- Develop links with and liaise with health care services and local and specialist services for inward/outward signposting where needed;
- Contribute to internal resource bank of local and specialist services, opportunities and support;
- Assess service users’ needs and carry out care and support planning, including identifying goals and agreeing ‘next steps’ to achieve these;
- Signpost, refer and possibly meet service users at the service they need;
- Maintain good record keeping using online platforms and other systems as agreed;
- Monitoring of the service, including questionnaires and case studies;
- Comply with the Centre’s policies, procedures and processes;
- Attend service meetings and other meetings as required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.