Join the Centre for Entrepreneurs as operations lead for an exciting new programme boosting support for refugee entrepreneurs across the UK.
The Centre is commissioning and evaluating tailored business support programmes for refugees in three cities across the UK. This will see the Centre identify – through a competitive application process – and project manage three organisations each tasked with recruiting and supporting 30 refugees from business idea to launch over the coming year. The aim is to build the evidence, resources, and expertise among business support organisations to help roll out such programmes nationwide.
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 pro rata
Hours: 2 days per week
Contract: Freelance consultant
Contract length: Ends March 2021
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: Director of policy and research
Location: Shoreditch with remote working option 1 day/week
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will project manage all aspects of the programme, including:
- helping select delivery bodies through a competitive application process;
- managing contracts with the selected business support organisations;
- working with the Centre’s PR manager to create and share the inspiring stories of refugee entrepreneurs being supported;
- working with an academic partner and delivery bodies to capture data throughout the project for evaluation;
- forming and convening an expert steering group to provide guidance on the programme;
- organising a programme launch event, review meetings, knowledge exchange workshops and other programme-related events;
- charting the progress of the programme through blogs and social media.
Experience and skills required
- Strong administrative and operational skills. Previous operations / programme delivery experience essential;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills;
- Quick to execute and able to articulate ideas;
- Fantastic attention to detail;
- Passionate about supporting entrepreneurship, with an understanding of the business support environment and an interest in refugee resettlement.
The Centre for Entrepreneurs (CFE) is the UK’s leading entrepreneurship foundation. We work to make the country more entrepreneurial. Our activities are grouped under four pillars:
- Delivering entrepreneurial development programmes;
- Researching the state of entrepreneurship and how to unlock potential in neglected groups, communities and locations;
- Building thriving entrepreneurial communities;
- Engaging and informing policy makers and the public.
In 2018, the Centre published ‘Starting afresh: How entrepreneurship is transforming the lives of resettled refugees’. The report makes a compelling case why refugees possess many entrepreneurial traits, how they can contribute to the UK as business founders, and how providing tailored business support can increase business survival, reduce public spending, and strengthen social integration.
The Centre has gone on to launch the Refugee Entrepreneurship Network – a global community of practitioners, researchers, foundations and policy makers working to increase the scale and impact of refugee entrepreneurship programmes.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a cover letter using CharityJob before the 28th June. Interviews may be conducted before the application deadline. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.