The Centre for European Reform is a think-tank devoted to making the European Union work better and strengthening its role in the world. The CER is pro-European but not uncritical. We regard European integration as largely beneficial but recognise that in many respects the Union does not work well. We also think that the EU should take on more responsibilities globally, on issues ranging from climate change to security. The CER aims to promote an open, outward-looking and effective European Union.
Duties to include:
· To assist the events manager and manage a series of events
· To contribute to event planning sessions; including format, content and layout
· To co-ordinate with speakers and participants; update event registrations and attendance lists; and prepare conference packs
· Hands-on support at events
· To keep the database up to date
· To meet and greet visitors, answer the telephone and deal with general enquiries
· To undertake photocopying and scanning
· To ensure conference room materials are kept up to date
· To assist with booking travel
· Other duties as and when required: providing administrative support to all colleagues, arranging internal meetings by maintaining the shared calendar and communicating appropriately and professionally with internal and external contacts
· Minimum six months’ events experience, must be able to hit the ground running in a fast paced organisation
· Fluent English speaker, and second language is desirable
· Excellent telephone manner and ability to work within a team
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload
· Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of Salesforce is advantageous
· Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. computers, photocopiers etc.
· Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
Annual salary: £24,000, plus 8% pension employer contributions
Contract duration:12 month contract, with a view to extend
Hours: 09:30-17:30, 5 days a week. Some morning and evening working will be required.
Job location: Westminster, London