The Centre for Global Equality is looking for a self-motivated, highly organised individual with excellent people skills to be our finance and administration lead.
- Role: Finance and Operations Manager
- Rate: £28,000 – £35,000 p.a. full-time equivalent, dependent on experience
- Basis: permanent - full-time, part-time or flexible
- Location: Cambridge, UK
- Eligibility: Must be eligible to work in the UK
The Centre for Global Equality (CGE) is a UK charity that evolves innovative approaches to solving global challenges relating to food, water, health, work and the environment. Drawing on capacity in one of the world’s leading universities and companies in the Cambridge Cluster (one of the most successful entrepreneurial ecosystems in Europe), we facilitate collaborations between public and private sectors, academia and civil society.
Our offices are based in central Cambridge, but our reach is global.
This is a key role in our leadership team as we seek to expand our programmes. Candidates will be joining the organisation at an exciting time in its evolution.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for managing CGE’s finances and ensuring the smooth operation of all the administration systems required to support the organisation in its programme delivery activities.
Financial management key responsibilities include
- Maintaining the accounting system (Xero) becoming the in-house expert.
- Assisting in the drafting of, and adherence to, financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of all ledgers (bank/sales/purchase) to monthly trial balance.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including project accounts, and quarterly reports for the Board of Trustees.
- Assisting in the year-end process and CGE’s auditor in the preparation of statutory accounts.
Operations key responsibilities include
- Ensuring effective administration of CGE’s organisational and content management systems.
- Facilities Management - ensuring effective day-to-day running of the office and meeting rooms, including management of health and safety.
- Management of relationships with external suppliers and service providers.
- Assisting in the recruiting and managing of project staff, interns and volunteers.
- Be the first point of contact at the office and provide general support.
With a professional approach to everything you do, and someone who thrives on challenge, you will be trust-worthy and approachable, with the ability to prioritise workloads. You are also likely to
- Be highly organised with excellent time-management skills.
- Be able to work fast and accurately under time pressure.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a friendly, enthusiastic personality.
The key skills and experience required for this role are
- At least three years’ experience in a similar financial and administrative role. Previous use of Xero would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Preferably hold a recognized accounting qualification, such as AAT.
- The ability to prepare project costing reports.
- The ability to work to a tight time-table and prepare financial reports and ad hoc information on request.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience of line-managing and development of staff.
Terms and Conditions
- This post is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment of the Centre for Global Equality.
- The Centre for Global Equality is an equal opportunities employer.
- The right to work in the UK is required.
To apply for this role please email a CV and covering letter to Dr Lara Allen by 09.00 on Monday the 30th of March, 2020. Interviews will take place between the 1st and 3rd of April, 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.