Flexible location - Our team is dispersed, but our head office is based in London
We’re looking for a talented, creative and experienced Events and Campaigns Lead, to conceive and deliver impactful events and communications that help us to achieve our mission.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT FOR THE CENTRE’S WORK?
The Centre for Homelessness Impact is the UK’s What Works Centre for Homelessness. We want evidence to become the new normal in the homelessness sector, just as it is in education and public health. After the successful launch of our book, Using Evidence to End Homelessness, we are on the precipice of a new and decisive movement to end homelessness with evidence and need a creative campaigner to support the team to move this work along. We also have a strong track record delivering quality events, both in person and on-line, including our flagship evident, the Impact Festival. As we navigate our way through the pandemic we are looking for a confident Events and Campaigns Lead to continue this work, curating a varied programme for our audiences at a time of great uncertainty.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN:
- Develop our existing events portfolio in line with our strategy and our mission
- Raise the profile of our campaign and create engagement opportunities
- Stay organised and keep plans clear, updated and accessible to the team at all times
- Keep abreast of all of the centre’s work and develop creative ideas based on our outputs
- Engage high profile stakeholders and build a network of contacts
- Deliver varied and impactful online, in-person and hybrid events
- Develop clear success measures for the programme
THE EVENTS AND CAMPAIGNS LEAD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Planning, creating and delivering our 2020/21 events programme
- Supporting the growth of our End it With Evidence campaign
- Delivering our flagship events series - the Homelessness Impact Festival
- Developing tailored events for different types of audience
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external partners
- Working internally to get insights from the CHI team to inform our campaign and events work
- Working collaboratively with Centre associates who support the Centre’s activities.
- Measuring engagement and defining success measures
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Have a proven track record of delivering successful events
- Have experience working in a campaigning organisation
- Learn about our varied audience and the differing needs for each
- Be able to manage competing priorities and thrive in an agile environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of our audience
- Be proficient in coordinating and facilitating online events using Zoom and other platforms
- Work with the Lived Experiences Specialist and the Strategic Communications and Engagement Manager to ensure a diverse range of views and experiences are represented in our work.
Start date: Immediately.
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday 31 January 2020
Interviews will take place on Thursday 4 February via Google Meet video call.
If you are interested in applying please visit our website via the Apply link.
We value optimism, diversity, collaboration, sense of ownership, the ability to embrace ambiguity, a talk-less-do-more attitude, learning from failure, and making each other successful. If you identify with our values and want to help us end homelessness faster, we’d love to have you in. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, and particularly welcome applications from people with experiences of homelessness.