External Communications and Impact Manager
- Develop, manage and deliver an effective external communications programme in keeping with CSE’s mission, strategy, and brand values to increase the influence and impact of CSE’s work.
- Manage the external communications activities including overseeing relationships with external stakeholders, working in partnership with CSE staff to support them in fulfilling their representational roles.
- Work effectively in partnership with CSE’s Communications and Publicity Manager to ensure external communication activities are co-ordinated with relevant production processes and with project-specific communications.
- To lead CSE’s strategic communications planning, with the involvement of relevant CSE staff and including regularly reviewing and agreeing external communications priorities and messages, drawing on CSE’s organisational strategy and current work programme and priorities.
- To propose, plan and orchestrate an externally focussed communications and publicity programme, expected to include – though not limited to – events, news stories, blogs, video content, publications, stakeholder engagement activities, policy inputs – delivered through a variety of existing and potentially new channels.
- To lead on developing and maintaining CSE’s communication tools to ensure activities are reaching the right people in our key audiences (e.g. enews list, CSE contacts database, media lists) in line with data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- To coordinate and facilitate CSE’s input into key policy consultations, enabling fast decisions on consultations where CSE voice is considered important, working closely with colleagues to draw out key messages and assisting colleagues in drafting responses.
- To support CSE staff to enable them to fulfil effectively their external representational roles and build positive and influential relationships with stakeholders and target audiences
- To assist in increasing the reach and impact of CSE’s outputs including its newsletter, e-news, annual report, publications and policy inputs (designed and produced by CSE’s existing Communications and Publicity Manager)
- To assist in increasing the reach and impact of CSE’s social media activities (e.g. twitter, facebook, Instagram, Linkedin) at an organisational level.
- To liaise with press and other media, taking a targeted approach to publicising CSE’s work, including drafting and issuing articles, press releases and building and sustaining relations with key media, selectively and as required to meet external communications strategic priorities.
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of CSE’s external communications against appropriate metrics regarding reach and impact.
- To work closely with the Development team and other relevant staff to ensure we are communicating effectively with existing and potential funders.
More about Centre for Sustainable Energy
Refreshed on: 02 December 2020
Closing date: 14 December 2020
Tags: Communications, PR
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.