The Centre for Sustainable Energy is seeking to appoint a dynamic, full time (37.5 hours per week) Senior Project Worker with a passion for community engagement and a good understanding of the latest trends and changes in the UK energy system, technologies, data and innovation.
This role will contribute to the successful delivery a of range of LACE projects but with a particular focus on supporting the delivery of innovative local and community energy projects that respond to key shifts in the UK’s energy system, markets, data and technologies and deliver both climate and local social benefits.
- To support a range of community groups, local authorities, town and parish councils, and voluntary sector organisations to deliver impactful local changes in the way that energy is used and managed.
- To support (non-technical audiences) to understand key technological, data and systems changes in the energy sector, the possibilities that these opportunities may create for grater local leadership, engagement and control.
- To contribute to the delivery and represent CSE as a key worker on a range of projects of a range of projects
- To support the design and delivery of community engagement processes such as workshops and focus groups within communities across the country.
- To contribute to the promotion and marketing of projects to ensure effective engagement with the target audience (in conjunction with Communication and Publicity Manager).
- To liaise with a range of stakeholders, potentially including community groups, local authorities, town and parish councils, and neighbourhood planning groups.
- To represent CSE at external events and conferences as required.
- To liaise with other staff in the LACE team to ensure effective workload planning, project development and delivery.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- The post-holder will be managed by Rachel Haycock, LACE Project Manager.
- The post-holder will work closely with immediate colleagues in the LACE team and will develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with colleagues across CSE
- The post-holder will have personal contact with key project stakeholders
- To take personal responsibility for decisions on your own work, seeking assistance and input from others as appropriate
- To plan and prioritise your workload to achieve high standards and meet agreed deadlines.
- To communicate clearly using appropriate language and style for target audience, listening carefully and checking for understanding.
- To represent yourself and CSE positively within and outside CSE, encouraging action by others in line with CSE’s mission and strategic objectives.
- To use resources efficiently and effectively and maintain accurate records within CSE systems and procedures.
- To keep up to date with information required for effective performance in your role and seek opportunities to develop relevant skills and capabilities.
- To identify opportunities to improve CSE’s services and project delivery and help meet CSE’s strategic objectives.
- To understand how your work and that of your team contributes to CSE’s wider organizational impact, aligns with CSE’s mission and current strategy and reflects CSE’s purpose, methods and values.
- To comply with CSE’s policies and procedures, as adopted and updated from time to time (as per our staff handbook).
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and CSE policies and procedures.
- To ensure CSE’s core qualities of commitment to CSE, collaboration, conscientiousness and initiative feature in your own work and in your working relationships with others (both within CSE and externally).
- Any other duties as required by line manager or the Chief Executive
The responsibilities of this post and reporting structure will be periodically reviewed.
PLACE OF WORK AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- This post is based at the CSE office in Bristol. Occasional travel will be required to other UK locations where on-site community support is required as part of project delivery.
- This post is subject to a DBS check.
- The postholder will undertake City & Guilds Energy Awareness training as part of their induction
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.