Hours: 37.5hrs a week
Contract: Fixed Term, 12 months (Maternity Cover)
As the Community and Events Fundraising Officer, you will contribute to Centrepoint’s events and community strategy by delivering events and projects and providing administrative support to the team.
You should have some experience of working in a fundraising or an events team and demonstrate an interest in stewardship, events logistics and managing large amounts of admin reports and/or financial data.
This is an exciting opportunity to assist on range of Challenge Events, including the London Marathon and Centrepoint’s flagship Sleep Out event, in addition to working with Community supporters and products.
- Support the Events Team with a range of administrative duties, including processing income and updating the Raisers Edge database.
- Assist with, develop and deliver a range of existing fundraising events and Community products.
- Support Centrepoint initiatives such as campaigns and project launches, new building openings and cultivation events.
- Engage and steward event participants, including supporting fundraising activities, answering queries and increasing retention.
- Lead on creation of monthly income reports to aid the Senior Events Production and Finance Manager with accurate financial management of the Events Team.
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Closing date: 24 February 2020, 9am