New opportunity not to be missed! Centrepoint, the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, is looking for a Engagement Officer to join our Engagement team based in Lambeth. In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
Centrepoint is the UK’s leading charity for homeless young people 16 – 25 years old that aims to give each person we support a future and we want to end youth homelessness. It’s our people that make this happen and you can play a part in our vision. So if you consider yourself to be passionate, dynamic and adaptable, then this could be the job for you.
At Centrepoint we’ve recently expanding our highly successful Engagement programmes and now use a variety of activities; Sport, Arts & Culture, Food and Technology to engage and inspire our young people. We’re well established in London and this position, reporting to the Senior Engagement Manager, will lead on the successful deployment of the Engagement outreach strategy and effectively communicating our offer to staff ensuring we are engaging, inspiring and motivating Young People to positively transform their lives.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lead on the successful development and delivery of Centrepoint’s Engagement Team outreach strategy.
- Work with Senior Engagement Officers to build a London-wide network of internal advocates and external community services and partners interested in supporting service-users in to our activities and programmes.
- Responsible for being main point of contact for any internal service and external partner and building strong relationships with key staff by regularly communicating and promoting our full Engagement offer.
- Be proactive when developing varied network of internal and external champions to help with the communication and promotion of all Engagement activities
- Support Engagement Manager and Senior Engagement Officers in developing and maintaining key strategic relationships with large organisations within the sector.
- Support Senior Engagement Officers in delivering taster engagement session as part of the ‘active recruitment’ weeks during each quarterly cohort.
What we’d be looking for from you…
- Demonstrable experience of engaging socially-excluded adults and young people.
- Qualification in adult education training or sport and/or Art related qualification
- Experience of delivering training, preferably to people who have experienced social-exclusion
- Experience and knowledge of developing and implementing an Engagement strategy to improving young people’s health, social and life skills.
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Engagement Officer, click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 20 November, 12 noon.