New opportunity not to be missed! Centrepoint, the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, is looking for a Head of Mass Participation & Events to join our Fundraising team based out of one of our office locations in London, Manchester or Bradford.
We have attached an application pack for this opportunity and we strongly advise applicants to review this prior to submitting their applications. Please note the closing date is 20 June 2021 and first stage interviews are scheduled to take place on 29 June 2021.
We help vulnerable young people by giving them the practical and emotional support they need to find a job and live independently.
Together with our partners, we support thousands of homeless young people each year.
The Fundraising Directorate is responsible for generating and raising the funds need to support the work we do. Millions of pounds is generated through businesses and their employees, trusts and foundations, wealthy individuals and fundraising events. Income from voluntary sources enables Centrepoint to provide non-statutory support services including the organisations in-house Learning and Health Teams and the Centrepoint Helpline.
Our Mass Participation and Events team are responsible for working with community-based individual fundraisers, challenge event participants and co-ordinating our flag ship events, Sleep Out and STAY:UP. They currently raise circa £600k.
The Head of Mass Participation & Events will play a leading role in Centrepoint’s Fundraising Leadership Team (FLT), who are responsible for the implementation of the fundraising strategy and effective cross-Directorate working across all teams. FLT have shared responsibility and accountability for strategic decision-making, building consistent ways of working and a collective positive, high-performing environment for the whole Fundraising Directorate.
The Head of Mass Participation & Events will be responsible for the strategic delivery and growth of a portfolio of fundraising mass participation products and events, which inspire and engage some of Centrepoint’s most committed and active individual supporters. Leading a small team of seven fundraisers, this income stream has great opportunity for growth. They will bring with them extensive knowledge and experience in diversifying challenge and community fundraising portfolios, in particular in the development of virtual fundraising initiatives.
What we’d be looking for from you…
- Extensive Fundraising experience, skills and knowledge of mass participation, community and challenge events fundraising, with a track record of growing income from this income stream
- Experience in delivery high quality special events and galas with a strong ROI, successfully managing and working with high profile Event Chairs and Boards
- Knowledge and experience of delivering engaging donor stewardship events to progress supporter journeys
- First-class donor management skills, delivering outstanding stewardship for community and events fundraisers.
- Track record of innovating within a Mass Participation and Events remit, transforming or introducing a new product, partnership or way of working which has delivered measureable success
- Experience in developing and delivering strategy, plans and budgets and being able to monitor and evaluate progress
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Head of Mass Participation & Events, click ‘Apply’ now!