New opportunity not to be missed! Centrepoint, the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, is looking for a Jobs and Educations Officer to join our Jobs and Education Team team based in Camberwell but working pan London. In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
We help vulnerable young people by giving them the practical and emotional support they need to find a job and live independently.
Together with our partners, we support thousands of homeless young people each year.
The post holder will provide employment support to young people and/or unemployed clients. They will be responsible for the management of pan London learner referrals and ensuring a steady supply of young people accessing Centrepoint’s learning offer (including placements). They will provide employment support into suitable progression routes and in work mentoring.
The role will identify, engage and assess eligible learners onto all programmes and progression routes by establishing and maintaining strong relationships with young people, partnerships with referral agencies.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a dynamic individual to deliver employment support to Centrepoint young people and our wider client group. Applicants should be self- starters and committed with drive and energy and an evidence base of successfully supporting people into work and training.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is suitably qualified for the role with a relevant IAG qualification (or equivalent)
• Has a proven track record of engaging with learners
• Has experience of working with referral agencies and shaping provision to meet demand
• Has experience of identifying progression routes that support unemployed learners into sustainable outcomes
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Closing Date: 24 October 2019, 12 noon
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Jobs and Education Officer, click ‘Apply’ now!