Are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve their potential? Do you want to work nights in a challenging, team focused and rewarding environment? Have you got the drive to support a young person on their journey to independence?
This role is perfect for individuals who are new to Supported Housing or have some experience to build on. We welcome people who have the right transferable skills for the role as well as more experienced practitioners.
Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. We provide a range of accommodation based and floating support services to vulnerable young people across London, Yorkshire and the North East. Our vision is to end youth homelessness but until then we will continue to provide young people with a place to call home, tailored support and the opportunity to build the skills needed to sustain independent living.
We are looking for a Night Supported Housing Assistants to join our excellent Housing and Support team in our London Services, specifically our Hammersmith and Fulham and Ealing Services.
In this role you will:
- Work face to face with young people and support them to achieve their goals
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment to young people, stakeholders and visitors by ensuring that house rules and safeguarding procedures are followed
- Help young people overcome difficult circumstances and achieve independence
- Liaise with multiple agencies to ensure effective communication across the service and externally including social work teams, YOS, health and other statutory services and voluntary agencies
- Support young people to manage their rent accounts and develop personal budgeting skills
Staff Benefits (following successful completion of probationary period):
- Annual Leave of 25 days per annum, rising by 1 day per year to a maximum of 27 days.
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career.
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Access to the Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- Interest free Travelcard loan
- Access to the PERKZ scheme, offering discounts at a range of retail and leisure facilities
Please note that these roles require working to a rota pattern that involves weekend and evening work and includes undertaking waking night shifts.
Benefits vary and are non-contractual
Closing Date: Sunday 25 October, 12 Midnight
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.