Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. We provide a range of accommodation and support services to vulnerable young people aged 16 – 25 across London, Yorkshire and the North East. Our vision is to end youth homelessness while continuing to provide young people with a place to call home, tailored support and the opportunity to build the skills needed to sustain independent living.
Following the considerable growth in our supported housing provision in recent years, we have recently implemented a new management structure and are recruiting for two Operations Managers, which will enable an even greater focus on positive outcomes for the young people they work with.
As Operations Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead teams in either Camden or Haringey, playing a leading role in driving Centrepoint’s vision through running financially efficient services, building strong local relationships with commissioners and ultimately securing positive outcomes for young people. The services across Camden and Haringey include a range of supported accommodation for Looked After Children, Care Leavers and young parents and a variety of other service types including family mediation, floating support and England’s first Housing First service for Care Leavers.
In this role, you will:
- Take ownership for the management of a number of dispersed services, providing credible leadership and development for all staff
- Promote a vibrant culture with an uncompromising commitment to excellence and fully integrated support and development services
- Build effective and productive working relationships with commissioners and other stakeholders across Camden and Haringey
- Lead on the quality and performance monitoring of services, driving forward service improvements and seeking out new business opportunities
- Reflect best practice and financially viable services that offer value for money and deliver fantastic outcomes for young people
This is an amazing opportunity for two individuals with relevant experience and skills to optimise their leadership capacity to truly make a positive impact towards ending youth homelessness. It takes great staff to give young people the futures they deserve, so your personal and professional development is a priority.
Centrepoint seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
To apply for one of the positions:
If you have the right skills and the drive to succeed in this role, then please submit a comprehensive CV with a supporting statement telling us how you meet the key requirements in the role specification under knowledge & skills and experience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.