Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: Monday 22 July, 12 noon
Centrepoint is the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity. We help vulnerable young people by giving them the practical and emotional support they need to find a job and live independently.
Together with our partners, we support thousands of homeless young people each year.
We are looking for a Property Compliance Officer based in London, to join our Compliance team.
What you’ll be doing…
- Review systems of work and processes that support objectives for compliance.
- Scheduling property compliance checks and follow on works with the support of the Technical and Maintenance Administrators.
- Support the production KPI’s and other reports using the most efficient and cost effective method available.
- Work closely with Housing and Support staff to ensure access to properties is available and follow procedures when access is denied.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure that that input into reports is accurate and outputs from reporting drives performance.
What we’d be looking for from you…
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including colleagues, suppliers, contractors, consultants and landlords.
- Experience in a property maintenance administration position.
- A working knowledge of property compliance regulations, building defects and repairs.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to manage own workload and work to deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.