Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. We provide a range of accommodation and support services to vulnerable young people across London, Yorkshire and the North East. Our vision is to end youth homelessness but until then we will continue to provide young people with a place to call home, tailored support and the opportunity to build the skills needed to sustain independent living.
We’re looking for a proactive and driven Senior Corporate Development Officer (SCDO) to join us at a really exciting time. It’s Centrepoint’s 50th year, we’re growing our services and calling for more action to end youth homelessness. This can’t be achieved without increasing fundraising income and the Corporate Development Team is recruiting to reflect this.
As well as managing Centrepoint’s larger corporate partners, our SCDO’s will drive forward new business ( as a main focus), lead on corporate engagement activity and help deliver Sleep Out - Centrepoint’s £1million fundraising campaign.
Working as part of a vibrant and friendly Corporate Development Team, our SCDO’s play a key part in supporting others and creating a collaborative culture to ensure we succeed together.
In this role you will:
- Manage corporate partners valued between £40k-£75k per year;
- Lead on cold new business, building a pipeline of leads and delivering new partners;
- Lead on our corporate engagement including the corporate communications calendar and corporate engagement sessions;
- Collaborate with the team to implement Sleep Out – Centrepoint’s largest fundraising campaign;
- Work closely with team Managers to support the Officers and Assistants to develop in their roles;
If you’re a creative self-starter with lots of initiative and a track record of successful new business win; who wants to be part of a busy and ambitious team we’d love to hear from you!
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Closing Date: 24 February 2020, 9am