Centrepoint, the UK’s leading youth homelessness charity, is looking for a Senior Policy and Research Officer to join our policy team based in London. In return, you will receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
This is a permanent contract and the closing date for applications is Tuesday 18 January 2022, 12 noon. Interviews are expected to take place in the first week of February.
The role is full time (37.5 hours per week) with an annual salary of £31,931-£35,123 (depending on experience)
Centrepoint helps vulnerable young people by giving them the practical and emotional support they need to find a job and live independently. Together with our partners, we support thousands of homeless young people each year.
Centrepoint’s Policy and Research team work to support young people by conducting research to better understand the causes and impacts of youth homelessness, raise public awareness and campaign for policy change. As part of the team, you’ll be conducting new and impactful research on youth homelessness, engaging with key stakeholders in national and local government and the voluntary sector, and campaigning to ensure that the voices of young people experiencing homelessness are heard.
What you’ll be doing…
- Developing and carrying out pieces of innovative and impactful research, using a range of qualitative, quantitative and creative methods
- Line managing junior staff and volunteers and supervising research undertaken by junior colleagues where appropriate
- Identifying and keeping up-to-date with key issues affecting young people through liaison with internal and external stakeholders, as well as keeping up to date with relevant legislation passing through Parliament.
- Producing impactful briefings and reports on current policy and practice issues for internal and external use
- Working with young people experiencing homelessness to ensure their voices are heard and that the policy team’s work reflects their own views and experiences
- Initiating, developing and maintaining working relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders, including senior civil servants and other organisations in the third sector.
As the ideal candidate, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to build strategic relationships with a wide range of organisations, including government officials and other voluntary sector organisations
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally including the ability to make presentations.
- Knowledge of the structure of Government and legislative process
- Innovative approach to work, including the ability to initiate and progress new ideas.
- Understanding of government policy related to housing, homelessness, and young people.
- Experience of analysing, interpreting and developing social policy.
- Experience of writing reports and policy documents for internal and external use
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team as a Policy and Research Officer - click ‘Apply’ now!